Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Park Si Yeon

Park Mi-seon was born in Busan, South Korea. As a child, Park displayed a talent for singing, saying, "When I was young, I used to be so shy that I cried when I was told to sing in front of my dad on the Lunar New Year. My mom ended up sending me to a singing academy, hoping it would help me get over my shyness, but the strange thing is that I couldn't sing in front of my mom but I wasn't nervous at all on stage." In 1990, the fifth grader won the top prize in a children's music contest on KBS. Park began attending college in the United States in 1998, majoring in journalism at Long Island University. In 2000, she took a leave of absence from school and entered in the regional Miss Seoul beauty pageant, placing third, followed by the Miss Korea pageant.

http://asian-daily.blogspot.com/

Unlike many of her actress compatriots, Park Si Yeon attended college in the United States at Long Island University for a degree in Journalism. She first entered the Korean acting world in her starring role in the popular drama, My Girl (2005). Despite much criticism for her acting abilities, her roles in La Dolce Vita (2008), Coffee House (2010), and most recently, Nice Guy (2012), have garnered her much critical acclaim and she is now considered one of the most popular actresses in Korean popular culture.

http://asian-daily.blogspot.com/

In 2005, Park made her acting debut in her native country of South Korea with the SBS TV drama My Girl, for which she received unanimously bad reviews. But Park continued to work, appearing in more dramas and making her film debut in the 2006 quirky comedy-horror-musical The Fox Family; gradually her acting showed marked improvement. At first constantly struggling to memorize her lines, Park has admitted that she became more relaxed in her approach to acting, and is able to "feel" her characters better. She became known for playing women who drove men to their destruction and misfortune: In the gangster film A Love, the lover of Park's character goes to prison after defending her,in the MBC drama La Dolce Vita, she was a gold-digging mistress with a lonely soul, in spy film parody Dachimawa Lee, she was a sexy agent, and in the KBS drama The Slingshot, she sacrifices herself and becomes the enemy's possession in exchange for her boyfriend's freedom. Park smilingly said, "I personally don't like femme fatales. Men should be happy because of women, not unhappy."

http://asian-daily.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment